Sunday, 12 February 2017

Mad Museum Visit

I went on a visit to the MAD museum to see the variety of mechanisms on display there as I find mechanisms to be the layer working just beneath the surface to allow the higher layers to function as intended.
 
 I find that mechanisms have simple purposes but can be designed in such a way that they are eloquently designed and can appear appealing and in some cases mesmerising.






 
 I found that the flowers detracted from the intricate wiring of the bear as they draw your eyes away from how the metal has been warped into shape.





I found that it was intriguing how something as simple and as small as gears can create such large amounts of movement, it shows how the lower layers can have a knock on effect against the surface.





 
 






 I find that the comical effect gained here is disguising the mechanical aspects that allowed for such an effect.







 








 
  



 
I found the ping pong ball machine made effective use of the mechanisms to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the machine. the complimentary colours of the green against the red and orange allows the movement to appear more vivid.



 I find this piece to be my favourite of all that i have seen as it incorporates multiple layers of different parts to create an easily recognisable piece, each part is integral to its function but also are layered in such a way to build up the form of the piece.




 
 











 






 
 From this visit I found that the layers working beneath the surface are far more integral to the appeal of the surface than I had originally thought. Also that every part within a piece is necessary for it to function and to have its intended effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment