Within this post I aim to show the objects hat had an impact upon my experience whilst visiting New York and how it has altered my perspective and drew me into looking more closely at the surfaces.
The flags showed how presentation of colour is important to gain the full effect from the harmony and contrasts between colours and how within a presentation you should make each element its own and show it as that but still have it flow within the composition of the piece as a whole.
I find the form of these sculptures to be inspiring to me as the intricate marks and flowing forms show great skill and control, and the bleeding streaks of darker hues drew me to work with ink the way I have allowing it to marble over the emulsion with the aid of pva.
I find the contrast of the vivid hues of colour against the black and white they are upon allows them to appear more clearly and draws more focus to the elements which is something that I should always be considering when I am texturing my boards.
I find that the contrasting tones are emphasised against he pale yellow as it allows the darker tones to appear more impactful and allows the focal point to appear more prominent.


No comments:
Post a Comment