Within this post I aim to experiment with a variety of monochromal photographs, trying different colours and layering and using over various bases. Beginning with trying different colours.
out of the colour available to work in I found that blue, red and purple were the most effective followed by magenta and green, but the least effective was yellow as its brightness and intensity makes some lines uneasily seen.
Following this I began to layer over the the image with the same image but of another colour, I find that cyan and blue works well due to its high contrast.
I then began working back into my layered photographs to reveal what was beneath the surface but also putting them over a variety of bases
I found that black ink and emulsion was my most effective as it emphasises the harmonious contrast between the green and red.
I then began a similar process with 3 different colour images which I felt added more depth to the images as there was vastly more contrast and I felt that when I worked into them it enhanced the layering effect.
I also tried using a cello tape transfer over a stencil I had created of a skyline, I felt that this didnt work well however as the effectiveness of each piece was more so as separate elements than together.
No comments:
Post a Comment